Bear in mind that a puppy is not born knowing and having the idea that your carpet is not an adequate, suitable place to relieve itself. You are going to have to present it the ropes and train the puppy to hold it until it is time for a walk outside or playtime in the yard. Here are fairly easy ways to train your puppy that do not require punishment.
• Be vigilant and observant about the behavior of your puppy as it relieves itself outside. This can help you in detecting the warning signs and seize it inside the house.
• During a nice weather, it is better to stay outside so your puppy can build up a first choice of eliminating waste outdoors. It is imperative that you help your dog to develop a fondness for areas like gravel and dirt by just simply taking it outside the house to eliminate after it has eaten, played, and slept. This is ideally done every 15 minutes.
• Do not leave your puppy unattended when urinating.
• Place your puppy into a comfortable, homely crate in your bedroom especially at night. One of the den animals are dogs, and they do not prefer to soil the section or area where it would sleep.
• Take the puppy outdoors when it turns out to be restless in the middle of the night, and wait until it is finished relieving itself.
• It is also advisable to have the puppy enjoy outdoors during morning. Doing so will help to prevent your pet from soiling the floor as it walks outside.
• Be consistent with the training you give your puppy. Consult a pet expert if you have problems.
• Do not ever forget to reward your dog when it does good in a training activity.